Search in blog
New tool to improve the SEO of your shop
Your store's broken link checker is now available to you. Analyze and detect broken links that you must correct to improve positioning and user experience.
Broken links are links from a website that no longer serve, either because they no longer exist or because the address is incorrect.
These links take the user directly to an HTTP 404 address, along with an informational message of "address not found" or "the web page being requested is not available at this time."
These faulty links negatively affect the overall quality of the store, its SEO positioning, and user experience and satisfaction.
Broken links can occur both in our own domain, that is, in any of the links on our own page, as well as in external links that we have cited in our store. In both cases, these links reduce the quality of our page and can penalize them at the SEO level, which will undoubtedly translate into a worse positioning of the page and, therefore, in a reduction in the number of visits.
A page with broken links, something that unfortunately tends to intensify as our page grows in content, is susceptible to the following negative effects:
- User experience and satisfaction suffers, as we waste their time and also frustrate their desire to consult certain content.
- We provoke a negative image of our page, of lack of quality and of neglect.
- These errors reduce the trust and credibility of our website, which in the case of online stores can mean a decrease in the sales.
- We make it difficult for Google robots to index, which can cause us to lose positions in search results.
- Google can also penalize us for considering that our page is not sufficiently reviewed and updated.
It is obvious that, as administrators or owners of an online store, we are not interested in having broken links and we must proceed to their detection, elimination or correction; a task that is complicated in complex webs and with a constant update of its contents.
Luckily, this module allows you to analyze the links in your store to detect any broken links that may exist with the main objective that you can correct them as soon as possible.
In the main menu of your store a new link called "Analyze links" is added within Advanced parameters.
- - -