Search in blog
Specific prices more manageable than ever
Important update of the CSV Specific Prices module in which the format and access to the export and import of specific prices has been remodeled.
VERSION 3.0.0 (09/03/2021)
* ADD: AdminCsvSpecificPricesExportController
* ADD: AdminCsvSpecificPricesImportController
* ADD: create CSV Specific prices tab in admin menu
* REMOVE: CSVSpecificPrice class
* REMOVE: CSVSpecificPriceLog class
* ADD: SpecificPriceExport class
* ADD: SpecificPriceImport class
* ADD: SpecificPriceImportLog class
* ADD: exports are recorded in the database to keep a history
* ADD: imports are recorded in the database to keep a history
* ADD: all exported files can be recovered
* ADD: all imported files can be recovered
* ADD: in the export form we have added new columns: product_reference, currency_name, country_name, group_name, customer_email, product_attribute_reference
* ADD: the technical name and the recognizable name of each field now appear in the export form
* ADD: show required fields on import form
* ADD: upgrade logo
Version 3.0.0 brings very big changes to this CSV Specific Prices module.
Access to the export and import of specific prices is faster since 2 new links appear in the side menu of the administration.
A new controller has been added that allows you to manage exports more extensively. Now all exports are registered in the database and server. This allows any uploaded file to be retrieved at any time. You also have the option to delete files.
When exporting, the columns that can be selected are now more user-friendly since, in addition to the technical name, the name known to the administrator is also indicated.
Column selection is now handled with a groupBox element that allows all columns to be selected at once.
The following columns were added in the export:
- Product reference.
- Currency name.
- Country name.
- Customer group name.
- Customer email.
- Attribute reference.
In the exports list you can now see:
- The export identifier.
- The generated file name.
- The exported columns.
- The rows number.
- The creation date.
Also, a new controller has been added that allows to manage imports more widely. Now all imports are registered in the database and server. This allows any uploaded file to be retrieved and imported at any time. You also have the option to delete files.
A button has been added that allows you to delete all the specific prices created in the shop.
When importing, a new block was added above the form that allows the administrator to see which columns are required and the possibility of downloading the sample files that you can use as a base.
Import is now done in 2 steps.
First you select the csv file from your computer and then you can make a data identification in which you can match each column of the source csv file with the destination columns.
By pressing the "Import" button, the import is carried out in steps using the Ajax technique to load each price in each iteration. In this way, a progress bar is presented to see the status of the import and the elapsed time. At the end you can see the record or import again.
In the imports list you can now see:
- The import identifier.
- The uploaded file name.
- The number of specific prices added.
- The number of specific prices updated.
- The number of specific prices invalid.
- The total number of specific prices.
- Run time.
- The creation date.
- The end date.
The old class "CSVSpecificPrice" was eliminated to give place to the new modern classes "SpecificPriceExport" and "SpecificPriceImport" where the code that allows import has been divided from that that allows export.
The old class "CSVSpecificPriceLog" was eliminated to give place to the new class "SpecificPriceImportLog" with the main objective of maintaining the nomenclature and definition of classes.
The logo for this module has been updated to more fully represent the meaning of this module.